Tennessee requires firearms instructors and handgun safety schools to be state certified by the Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security (TDS). Firearm instructors’ certifications renew every three years. Safety Schools renew every year based on insurance.
Forms and Publications:
- Application for State Certified Handgun Instructor
- Application for State Certified Training School
- Handgun Safety School Class Roster
- Petition for Appeal – Handgun Permit
- Order for Surrender of Handgun Carry Permit
- Waiver Form
- Steps for Handgun Permit Application
- Zoning Approval Form
- Alternate Facility Request Form
- Permission Letter Form
- Firing Range Requirements
We offer a specialty insurance program for certified firearms instructors (individuals and schools) that provides the protection you need when training students to safely handle weapons.
It’s easy to get started on your quote.
Our online questionnaire works great on smart phones, tablets, desktops and laptops.
Just click to get started…
To receive your quote…
- Complete the questions
- Preview your answers
- Click “Submit” when you’re done.
- You’ll get a “Thank you” screen to tell you we received it.
Phone or email Kevin Morency if you have any questions. By taking the time to discuss your needs, Kevin can tailor an affordable business insurance solution that offers peace of mind, yet still deliver a quote quickly.