In July 2013, Illinois lawmakers passed the Firearm Concealed Carry Act, making Illinois the last state to allow the carrying of concealed guns in public.
To register as a Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, the Illinois State Police (ISP) will establish administrative rules consistent with the Firearm Concealed Carry Act.
- ISP concealed carry FAQ – https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx
- Concealed Carry License Instructor Certification – https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Cert.aspx
- Approved instructors must use only approved curriculum when teaching applicants for an Illinois Concealed Carry License – https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Documents/CCWCurriculumList.pdf
- Concealed Carry Firearms Curriculum Approval Form
To become a certified Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a legal resident of the United States and qualified for a Concealed Carry License in Illinois
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Have at least one of the following valid firearms instructor certifications:
- Certification from a law enforcement agency
- Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by a state or federal governmental agency
- Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
- Certification from an entity approved by the Illinois State Police that offers firearm instructor education and training in the use and safety of firearms
It’s easy to get started on your quote.
Our online questionnaire works great on smart phones, tablets, desktops and laptops.
Just click to get started…
Gun Sales Ineligible
- Complete the questions
- Click “Submit” when you’re done.
- You’ll get a “Thank you” screen to tell you we received it.
Phone or email Kevin Morency if you have any questions.
By taking the time to discuss your needs, Kevin can tailor an affordable business insurance solution that offers peace of mind, yet still deliver a quote quickly.